HR Lead / HR & Accounts
This position will be either part-time (HR only)
or full-time (HR with Accounts)
Reporting to: Operations Manager
HR Lead (20-25 hours per week)
HR Lead with Accounts (Full time)
We are seeking an experienced HR Officer to work closely with the Directors, line managers and external HR Consultancy to proactively source and recruit staff and implement general day to day HR related matters. Ideally the job holder will also provide support to the accounts function as and when required.
- Responsible for managing all day-to-day HR issues within a production environment of approx. 30 staff (multi-national workforce)
- Have a very hands-on approach to ensure all areas of the HR function are being met.
- Active sourcing and recruitment of all production and support staff including extensive use of social media for same; draft and place advertisements, shortlist and carry out interviews
- Responsible for the development and preparation of documents relevant to recruitment: job descriptions, person specifications, job adverts etc.
- Complete monitoring returns to Equality Commission in relation to Community Background
- Induction of new staff in relation to HR Policies and procedures and payroll
- Proactively manage absenteeism and timekeeping including conducting return to work and absence review meetings, managing timekeeping
- Conducting investigations and disciplinaries for all matters including misconduct
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of McShane Packaging
- Review and update contracts of employment and HR policies
- Carry out training on an on-going basis in relation to HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure the Directors are kept up to date with changes in employment legislation.
- Processing employee contracts and issuing staff handbook
- Some H & S duties to include distribution of PPE and distribution of staff lockers.
- Responsible for sourcing, pricing and purchasing all goods and services with the exception of prime, regrind and masterbatch material for production.
- Raising Purchase Orders.
- Checking purchase invoices against PO’s and delivery dockets
- Clearing invoices for payment.
- Cross checking customer accounts
- Running payroll each week
- Managing the company pension scheme
- Checking the company’s Research & development actives on a monthly basis together with the Engineers.
- Managing the Time Management System
- Managing the site access system.
- Responsible for the marketing actives of the company in conjunction with our Marketing Consultant.
- Managing our social media sites
- A minimum of two years’ HR related experience ideally within a small to medium size business.
- Knowledge of NI Legislation
- Experience of actively resourcing and recruiting staff.
- Excellent IT skills-experience of using a variety of computer software.
- The ability to function in a multi-task environment, whilst meeting required time scales
- The ability to understand and work in accordance with Company ethos and value base.
- The ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of people, verbally and in writing.
- The ability to accept direction and supervision.
- To bring enthusiasm and commitment to McShane Packaging Ltd.
- CIPD Qualified or Part Qualified or willing to work towards it.
- Experience of using SAGE
- Accounts-related experience
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 24th September 2021
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com