Reporting to: Production Manager
Shift pattern: Negotiable
Key Responsibilities: Manage and maintain the company’s quality systems to ensure best practice and good manufacturing practices are sustained throughout the business.
- Ensure all areas of the quality system are completed on a daily basis and to address any non-compliance that may arise.
- Conduct the External Audits with the General Manager as and when they arise.
- Close out any non-conformances from External Audits to ensure the company maintains the current “AA” Grade.
- Have a very hands on approach to ensure all areas of the quality systems are being met.
- Carry out training on an on-going basis in relation to quality policies and procedures.
- Check the quality of the products on a daily basis against product specification.
- Maintain the company’s Hazard and Risk Management System.
- Carry out Internal Audits as per the established schedule and ensure any non-conformances are closed out.
- Ensure the company is kept up to date with changes in legislation in relation to packaging materials and materials in contact with food.
- Ensure the company’s traceability processes are maintained at all times by carrying out testing on an on-going basis.
- Close out customer complaints and to compile a trend analysis of the same making recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure the site is meeting the Quality Site Standards at all times.
- Compile reports and conduct Management Review Meetings on a regular basis and follow through on all action points to be completed.
- Any other duties as may be required to fulfil the needs of the post.
- Responsibility for ensuring that the packaging we produce is safe and will be proactive in participating and improving the quality culture at Mc Shane Packaging
- BRC grade AA
- ISO9001 achieve and sustain
- ISO14001 achieve and sustain
- Site Technical KPIs in line with targets
- Complaints in line with customer targets
- Robust complaints reduction plan – with clear objectives and monitoring
- Develop clear KPI’s and roll out
- Work with the GM to drive a culture of excellence and best practice
- 3rd level qualification in relevant discipline
- 3-5 years Quality management experience within an FMCG manufacturing environment
- Customer facing experience ideally within an FMCG environment
- Live within close proximity to the factory to facilitate callouts
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation, and organisational skills.
- Team leadership qualities
- Initiative, self-motivated, well organised and assertive
- Logical approach, excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of BRC standard, HACCP, Food Legislation, and Food Hygiene
- Driving license as visits to supplier and customer sites may be necessary
- Training, project management and coaching skills
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 24th September 2021
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com